Recently I have been getting asked by several potential buyers about what new construction condos, townhomes and single family homes are coming in Arlington and more specifically along the Orange Line. In the past several years real estate development along the Orange Line has tended to be rental vs. condo or fee simple ownership. The past year though has seen an increase in the number of opportunities to buy new construction. Here is a current update about what is available.
- ARC 3409 – This 85 unit condo building actually was built in 2007 and originally slated to be a condo called the Joule. However, the building was sold off when the new condo market turned and for several years it was a long term stay hotel called AKA. In 2014 the building was sold again and the new owners did a multi-million dollar renovation and converted it back to condos. The 85 homes there are primarily 2 bedrooms, but there are some 1 bedrooms as well as some larger 3 bedroom homes. The loft style homes feature wide open spaces, floor to ceiling windows and modern, luxury finishes. Some have monument views and balconies. It is conveniently locate between the Clarendon and VA Square metros.Nearly half of the homes are already sold.
- 38 Place – This 22 unit condo building was built in 2011, but converted to apartment rentals prior to settling. Four years later it is set to convert back to a condo ownership. It is located at 3800 Lee Highway near Cherrydale and convenient to grocery stores, shopping and commuter routes. There are 2 one bedroom floorpans and 20 two bedroom floorpans. Some of these condo homes are one level, while others are two level. The loft style condos feature open ductwork, large windows and luxury finishes.
- Gaslight Square– This is another luxury project by Jim Abdo featuring one and two bedroom flat and loft homes. The flats feature direct access, private elevators and the loft units have dramatic 20 foot ceilings. Penthouse units feature direct access, private elevators, rooftop decks and 20 foot ceilings. Only the best finishes are found in these luxurious homes including Wolf and Subzero appliances, sand in place hardwood floors and natural stone counters. This condo project delivered its first homes in 2012 with 40 condos in phase one. In 2013 deliveries began of 40 more condos in phase two. The first two phases are nearly sold out with only a few penthouses remaining for sale. There are resales available in both the first and second phase. Construction has yet to begin on the third and final phase.
- Rosslyn Key Townhomes – This is the newest townhome community in the Rosslyn-Ballston corridor and the first to be built in several years. The 25 luxury homes here feature four levels, two car garage and elevators in each home. There are three different types of floorpans, including several that have rooftop decks. The first deliveries are set to take place in July so if you are looking for a new townhome do not wait as sales are going fast on this one.
- Cherrydale Village – This private enclave of four homes is delivering in the Fall of 2015. The four luxurious homes are being developed by Tradition Homes. Located close to Clarendon, Ballston, Cherrydale and Lee Heights, these homes provide luxury and space in the heart of Arlington. Each home has five or six bedrooms, luxury chef’s kitchen and luxury features throughout. Two of the four homes are already sold so do not wait if you are interested in living on a luxury cul-de-sac just minutes from the Orange Line.
In addition to these homes there are also several one-off single family homes being built or slated to be built throughout Arlington. If you are interested in in knowing about other new construction opportunities in Lyon Village, Lyon Park, Clarendon, Rosslyn, Ballston or anywhere else on the Orange Line or Arlington send us an email at [email protected] or call 571=969-7653.
To submit a question for our “Ask the Real Estate Agent”, series email [email protected]