One of the best things about Orange Line Living is the food available. Not only do we have great local resources available with our farmer’s markets, but we have a wide variety of incredible restaurants providing delicious food for every palate. Coming up Sunday May 17th, the largest festival for the Arlington Food Scene will be on with The Taste of Arlington. The event’s motto is Food, Drink, Family & Fun, so everyone is sure to find something to enjoy at this popular annual festival. Over 50 restaurants will participate in this year’s Taste, all converging along Wilson Avenue outside Ballston Mall with live music, beer and wine, kids’ activities and even fun for the family pooch. All of this is being put on to help raise funds and food donations for the Arlington Food Assistance Center, so you can not only have some great food, you can help others while eating.
Listed below are some of the highlights you have to look forward to at this year’s Taste of Arlington:
- Participating restaurants will compete to determine who is the Best of the Best when it comes to Appetizers, Fast Casual Entrée, Fine Dining Entrée and Dessert.
- The Beer garden is more than just good brews. Here you will find a variety of wines and live music.
- Speaking of music, there will be not one stage, but three stages of live shows featuring Arlington’s best bands and musicians.
- The VIP Pavilion will be the place to be for unlimited hors d’oeuvres, beer and wine with three bars to choose from. SER, the Ballston Restaurant Challenge winner, and Water & Wall, another prime Arlington restaurant, will provide the food, and you will get front-row access to the Best of the Best awards presentation.
- The Taste is not just for adults, but the whole family. From young ones to teenagers, there will be plenty of fun activities for the kids to enjoy. At the KidZone you will find carnival games, face painting and a rock climbing wall, just to name a few.
- Bring your dog and check out the Bark Park where there will be several booths with products and services for your best friend, and the Pup Tournament, an annual favorite of The Taste.
- For a healthy start to the day, and to support a great idea, why not join in the Girls on the Run 5k? This run is open to runners of all ages (and genders) and is the culmination event for hundreds of Northern Virginia girls who have completed the Girls on the Run Program.
Whatever you do at the Taste of Arlington, when you go you will truly get a taste of Orange Line Living too. If you are looking to buy or sell your home, myself, and the Orange Line Living Team are ready to support you directly. We work with you to provide our unique and specialized services so you can turn your plans into reality. To learn more about how we can help you, contact us directly at 571-969-7653, or at [email protected].